Teaching Position: Elementary Teacher (1.0)
Salary/Wages Salary and Benefits are commensurate to qualifications and experience.
Type: Full Time
Location: Fredericton Christian Academy
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Education; current New Brunswick teaching certificate (or eligible to receive one);
Experience Required: Previous teaching experience at the elementary level (preference given to those with a minimum of 3 years)
Closing Date: 2022-05-20 3:00PM
Fredericton Christian Academy is an independent college preparatory school in Fredericton, New Brunswick for students in Kindergarten to Grade 12, and additionally includes an Early Childhood Learning Centre, which includes pre-K programs. We are approved by the New Brunswick Department of Education.
Fredericton Christian Academy is a private Christian community of excellence that exists to challenge students to grow in knowledge, character, and leadership to dynamically impact their world for Christ.
Fredericton Christian Academy is seeking a highly-qualified teacher who has a passion for education, specifically in the area of elementary education. Courses to be taught may include elementary Mathematics, Science, Language Arts, Social Studies, and others depending on the successful candidate’s qualifications (i.e. physical education, art, music, dance, etc). The ideal candidates will be looking for a challenge to help students in an environment where we maximize available resources, and are passionate about their subject areas and their students. Position would begin at the start of the 2022-2023 school year.
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
- A personal commitment to faith in Jesus Christ;
- Willingness to embrace and support the vision and mission of Fredericton Christian Academy, including but not limited to, agreement with the school’s statement of faith;
- The ability to teach elementary curriculum, with appropriate planning and preparation.
- Provide a positive learning environment that encourages all students to work at their highest achievable level.
- Maintain effective and efficient record keeping procedures, and update learning objectives/targets for each course as necessary.
- Willingness to offer assistance when necessary, including teaching enrichment blocks, and after-school enhancement sessions.
- Communicate effectively, both oral and written, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis and problem solve as needed.
- Function as a member of the elementary team including the willingness to embrace team teaching and critical team analysis.
- Collaborate regularly with peers in the elementary and early childhood team to enhance the instructional environment and to foster multi-age learning benefits.
- Willingness to teach courses other than listed above based on qualifications/teachable(s).
- Willingness to be involved in extracurricular activities in athletics and arts.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Education;
- Have a current New Brunswick teaching certificate (or eligible to receive one); Have previous teaching experience at the elementary level (preference given to those with a minimum of 3 years).
- Teaching experience in Music, Dance, Theatre, Technology, and/or Physical Education; • Understanding of enhanced and active learning modalities.
- Team teaching experience
* Be sure to demonstrate these assets in your application.
Salary and Benefits
Salary and Benefits are commensurate to qualifications and experience.
Note: To be given consideration under this competition, applicants are required to demonstrate on their application how, when, and where they acquired the qualifications required for this position. We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
How to apply
SEND YOUR COVER LETTER, RESUME, AND TWO LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION BY May 20th, 2022 TO ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
778 MacLaren Ave.
Fredericton, New Brunswick
PLEASE SPECIFY ON ENVELOPE / IN EMAIL SUBJECT / IN FAX HEADER: Competition: Elementary Teacher