FCA desires to serve as many students as possible. It is our goal to offer a FCA education to all students, in Kindergarten to Grade 12, who desire it, and through our financial aid program FCA may provide assistance to those who may not be able to afford the entire tuition. The funds from this program are available to all ALL families (both currently registered and new applicants).
Through the FCA Bursary Grant Program we offer tuition assistance to students, in Kindergarten to Grade 12, with financial needs. The FCA Financial Aid Committee reviews each grant application and offers assistance to students based on the financial aid monies available.
Once these deadlines have passed families can still complete an online application; however, financial assistance may not be awarded if the annual financial assistance fund budget is fully committed to prior applicants.
In order for the committees to allocate resources wisely, and in a fair manner, we have enlisted a professional and independent financial assistance analysis company, Apple Financial Services. Apple Financial Services does not decide whether financial assistance will be awarded. Rather, it provides a need-based financial aid analysis which includes a recommendation of what a family should reasonably contribute towards tuition. The confidential analysis is reviewed by the FCA's Financial Aid Committee, who then award finances based on the report and the available annual financial assistance fund budget.
NOTE: All information from Apple Financial Services is strictly confidential and only seen by the Financial Aid Committee.
In evaluating requests for financial assistance, FCA considers the following criteria:
Fredericton Christian Academy believes in the value and return of a quality Christian education.
No financial aid procedure can be entirely equitable—there are simply too many individual factors and extenuating circumstances—however, we believe this process that has been established serves the families applying for financial assistance and Fredericton Fredericton Christian Academy well.
To apply for Financial Aid, a completed enrollment application form must be on file in the Admission Office. Once the enrollment application is approved, parents may proceed with the online application.
Financial Aid online application:
1. Once you have completed your online application and have submitted the applicable supporting documentation to Apple Financial Services, FCA’s Financial Aid committee will receive the financial aid analysis report directly from Apple Financial Services.
2. Early in July, the Financial Aid Committee will have meetings to review the results for returning families from the financial aid analysis report. The committee will then make decisions based upon the Academy’s annual financial assistance fund budget.
3. Late July, the Business Office will send a letter to the parents indicating whether their application has been approved or declined. If approved, the letter will detail the amount of the bursary.
4. In early August, both the Financial Aid Committee will have meetings to review the results for new families from the financial aid analysis report. The separate committees will then make decisions based upon the Academy’s annual financial assistance fund budget.
5. Mid-August, the Business Office will send a letter to the parents indicating whether their application has been approved or declined. If approved, the letter will detail the amount of the bursary.
All requests for financial assistance must be made through the use of Apple Financial Services. No request for financial assistance is entertained by the Financial Aid committee unless a completed enrollment application is approved and on file in the Admissions Office, and the financial information is submitted through Apple Financial Services. All information is held in strict confidence and the analysis report and recommendation is only made available to the Financial Aid committee for their exclusive use. Apple Financial Services does not make their report or recommendation available to the applicants. A new financial aid application must be submitted each year and reflect any changes in a family’s financial circumstances. All awards are given on an annual basis and are not automatically renewed. Current school fees must be paid in full before an application can be considered.
The Financial Aid Committee distributes financial assistance as broadly as possible to students in need. The committees and FCA holds this information in strictest confidence and families are asked to do the same with all awards. Please note that families are only considered for financial aid if the previous school year fees have been paid in full.
Fredericton Christian Academy
778 MacLaren Ave.
Fredericton NB E3A 3L7
Keep up to date with what is happening at FCA.