January 8, 2020
Teaching Position: One-Year Contract International ESL Teacher
Location: Shenzhen, China
School Profile Fredericton Christian Academy is an independent college preparatory school in Fredericton, New Brunswick for students in Kindergarten to Grade 12, and additionally includes an Early Childhood Learning Centre, which includes pre-K programs. We are approved by the New Brunswick Department of Education.
Fredericton Christian Academy is a private Christian community of excellence that exists to challenge students to grow in knowledge, skill, character, leadership and courage to dynamically impact their world.
Fredericton Christian Academy has partnered with Shenzhen Longhua Foreign Languages School (located in Shenzhen, China) and is seeking a highly-qualified teacher who has a passion for education, specifically in the area of English as a Second Language. This position is a one-year contract with the option for renewal. The ideal candidate will be looking for a challenge, love international travel, and is passionate about helping students learn the English language. (Note: This position requires the successful candidate to live in Shenzhen, China.)
About Shenzhen Longhua Foreign Languages School
“Shenzhen Foreign Languages School is a middle school and high school in China which specializes in language studies. Located in Shenzhen, a coastal special economic zone in Guangdong Province, China, it provides students with study in English, Japanese, French, German, Spanish and Russian. Besides excellence in languages, Shenzhen Foreign Languages School is well known for its performance in the Chinese university administration examination, commonly known as the Gaokao. In a 2016 ranking of Chinese high schools that send students to study in American universities, Shenzhen Foreign Language School ranked number 19 in mainland China in terms of the number of students entering top American universities.”(Wilipedia)
- Nationality: Native Canadian or American with native English.
- Qualification: Hold qualified teacher certificate.
- Education: Undergraduate or above.
- Character: No criminal certification & healthy physically and mentally.
- Experience: Ideally three years or more teaching experience in Canada or the USA, with standard pronunciation as well as strong abilities and solid skills in teaching.
- Assume the position as an English teacher, teaching students at Grades 3, 4 and 7 with each class having 35-50 students, and teaching 16 periods of classes per week with each period lasting 40 minutes.
- Teach English reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- Except winter and summer school holidays, the classes are arranged between 7:50 and 12:00 in the morning and between 2:00 and 5:30 in the afternoon. During other working time outside of teaching, the teacher mainly prepares lessons and corrects students’ assignments.
- Perform other relevant tasks arranged by the school.
- Part of your duty will include representing FCA in China. The successful candidate will be responsible for answering questions about FCA; directing prospective groups interested in attending FCA; and to attend or participate in FCA programming that may occur in China.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Education;
- Have a current New Brunswick teaching certificate (or eligible to receive one);
- Have previous teaching experience at the elementary level (preference given to those with a minimum of 3 years).
- Salary, allowance and overtime pay (if any) are calculated on time and paid on each 8th day of a month through the banking system.
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.Benefits
- China (Shenzhen) International Personnel Training Centre (CIPTC) is responsible for the recruitment, bringing-in, and employment of the foreign teacher. It helps the teacher in dealing with paperwork such as medical check for entry, work visa, residence permit and registration. It signs the employment contract with the teacher.
- CIPTC is responsible for assisting the teacher in renting the lodging near the school, the room of which can be rented in keeping with the teacher’s requirement.
- CIPTC provides the teacher with job training before and during his/her tenure. It also organizes a site-seeing activity once a year and offers free Chinese classes on a regular basis.
- CIPTC is responsible for purchasing for the teacher Accidental Insurance (worth of RMB 1 million yuan) and Social Insurance.
- The teacher enjoys a paid school holiday, either summer holiday or winter holiday. The summer and winter holidays are implemented in accordance with the regulations set to Shenzhen public school teachers. Consistent with his/her nationality and belief, the foreign teacher can also be treated with relevant holidays like Christmas Day according to the regulations set by the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs, China.
To be given consideration, applicants are required to demonstrate on their resume how, when, and where they acquired the qualifications required for this position. We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
SEND YOUR COVER LETTER, RESUME, AND TWO LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION BY January 8th, 2020 TO ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
PLEASE SPECIFY ON ENVELOPE / IN EMAIL SUBJECT / IN FAX HEADER: Competition: One-Year Contract International ESL Teacher
- Mailing Address:
778 MacLaren Ave.
Fredericton, New Brunswick
Shenzhen Longhua Foreign Languages School