Greetings from Fredericton Christian Academy.
Trust you have all enjoyed a bit of a break this summer! We are extremely excited to welcome your children back to school in September!
Enclosed are some items to note for the upcoming school term. If you have any questions please contact the school at 458-9379 or by email at email@example.com
1. School Dates and Notes: School begins for Students:Thursday, September 6, 2018 (full day for Grades 1 – 12)
- Kindergarten begins at 8:30 am and dismiss @ 12 noon daily
- Elementary Grades 1 – 5 begin classes @ 8:30 am and dismiss @ 3:00 pm except on Friday dismiss at 12 noon
- Grades 6 – 12 begin classes at 8:30 am and dismiss at 3:00 pm daily.
Arrival: School is not responsible for students arriving earlier than 8:00 am. A student is considered late if not in class by 8:30 am.
2. After School Care Fee: For the convenience of parents, we offer after-school supervision until 5:30 pm for ages 5 - 12. There is a fee for this after-school service which runs daily from school ending until 5:30 pm. Please contact Mrs. Lynnette Brewer for information on afterschool and childcare: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Arrival and Dismissal: Traffic Pattern & Flow: Please make note of the following traffic pattern (attached). Please be extremely careful pulling out of the MacLaren Ave. exit as it can be difficult to see vehicles coming around the turn. Please be vigilant to stay away from fire lanes, and no parking areas for the protection of students and early childhood children.
4. Email, Address & Phone Update: Please notify the school office of any changes to your email, phone numbers, and mailing address.
5. School Office Hours: During the school year the school office is open Monday – Friday: 8:15 – 3:30 pm. School payments are received in the school office. If no one is available please do not leave payments on the desk.
6. Sports: Soccer try-outs will be starting shortly and a schedule will be sent out via email from the school office with the beginning dates. Once teams are determined coaches will be providing a full game and practice schedule.
7. Nut Free: Please note the whole school is a “NUT FREE ZONE”. It is important that there be NO FOOD containing nuts brought into the school at anytime.
8. School Supplies: The supply fee is as follows:
Kindergarten- included in tuition
Grade 1 – 12 School Supply List is available on the website under the Resources Tab and Downloads. Please note there is a $30 STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) fee for Grades 1-5 which will be used to enhance the educational experiences of the students in these fields.
9. Tuition Fees: Make note of the 3 methods of payment:
a. Automatic monthly withdrawals – forms available in the office.
b. Two equal lump sum payments in September and January (provide postdated January check).
c. Annual full payment due in September.
10. Extra Fees: Please make note of the following fees:
Grades 1-5: STEM: $30.00/Student (Science, Math & Technology)
Grades 10 – 12: Science Lab Fees: $30.00/Student/Course - Biology, Physics, Chemistry
Grade 12: Graduation Fee: $275.00
11. Lunch Hour Permission Form: Parents of students in grade 6 – 12 only can sign a “Lunch Hour Permission Form”. This gives your child permission to leave the property to leave the school property only during the lunch hour. One form is required per student, which will be kept in their file. Students must sign in and out when leaving the building so the school will know who has left the property. The school is not responsible for students leaving the school property. Notes are required for absences during other hours of the day e.g.: Dentist, Dr. appointments, etc.
12. School Calendar: The school calendar can be found under Downloads in the Resources tab. Please note some dates may change and/or be added.
13. School’s Contact Information:
778 MacLaren Ave.
Fredericton, NB E3A 3L7
E: office @fcae.ca
See you all on Thursday, September 6, 2018!
Mr. Scott Robertson, Principal
Fredericton Christian Academy
778 MacLaren Ave.
Fredericton NB E3A 3L7